News | Current News

Click on more to read just that plus a link to the KM article...
According to Neighbourhood Watch and the Police, last week's power failure was caused by an electricity cable being cut from a pylon, in the process electrocuting a 4-year old horse valued at £6000.

The 4-month-old horse was found electrocuted in a field at Raspberry Hill Lane Iwade on 29th September.

The horse appeared to be laying on top of an electricity cable belonging to UK Power which had been cut from a pylon.

According to the Kent Community Message the power failure affected several properties in the area. Several may be an understatement from the tired faces in Iwade last Thursday morning!

An estimate for the cost of replacement for pylon, cables and labour is £8000.

If you have any information that can assist the enquiry please telephone your local police on 01622 690 690

Read what the Sittingbourne Messenger has to say about the incident online at www.kentonline.co.uk.

News Contacts

IwadeVillage.co.uk

Nicola McKenzie
T: 01795 439892
T: 07738 828 308
E: website@iwadevillage.co.uk

Iwade Observer

Rynn Kemp
Observer Content Manager
T: 01795 439765
T: 07941 656 669
E: the.iwade.observer@gmail.com

Community Newspaper Correspondent

Amanda Hurrell
Community Newspaper Correspondent
E: thehurrells@hotmail.co.uk

Iwade Observer

2017

2016

2015

2014

2013

2012

2011

2010

2009

2007

2006