News | Current News

Click on the image to read the full Executive Summary
A massive Iwade Observer apology as there was an incorrect percentage in the February Iwade Observer version of the Housing Needs Survey Results. It should have read "85% of respondents who answered the question said they would not be supportive ov future housing development in Iwade Parish" not 5%. Click on 'more' to read the full Executive Summary.

The Rural Housing Enabler (RHE) from Action with Communities in Rural Kent was commissioned by Iwade Parish Council to undertake a housing needs survey in the parish to identify what, if any housing is still required in the parish.

A survey was posted to every household within Iwade in October 2015. 1522 surveys were distributed with 429 surveys being returned, representing a response rate of 28%.

Analysis of the returned survey forms identified that 91% of respondents are owner occupiers either with or without a mortgage; the remaining 9% are a mix of renters (private and social housing) and shared owners. 42% of respondents have lived in the parish for 10 years or more.

Our analysis has also identified that:

  • 11 households need affordable housing – a total of 5 single people, 1 couple and 5 families
  • 17 households need open market housing – a total of 3 single people, 9 couples and 5 families
  • In total 3 older households (over 60) need affordable housing and 7 older households need open market housing.
  • 85% of respondents who answered the question said they would not be supportive of future housing development in Iwade parish.
  • 62% of respondents who answered the question said they would not support a development of affordable local needs housing if there was a proven need for people with a genuine local connection to Iwade parish.

News Contacts

IwadeVillage.co.uk

Nicola McKenzie
T: 01795 439892
T: 07738 828 308
E: website@iwadevillage.co.uk

Iwade Observer

Rynn Kemp
Observer Content Manager
T: 01795 439765
T: 07941 656 669
E: the.iwade.observer@gmail.com

Community Newspaper Correspondent

Amanda Hurrell
Community Newspaper Correspondent
E: thehurrells@hotmail.co.uk

Iwade Observer

2017

2016

2015

2014

2013

2012

2011

2010

2009

2007

2006